Kyle 1.0: Geek Culture and New Media

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nerdcore For Life Trailer

So I first found out about nerdcore last week as I was going through the many videocast and blogs that I check daily. Apparently there has been a whole sub-culture of geek rappers out there for a couple of years now, but really started getting noticed recently. Instead of hearing people rap about killing, stealing and making love, you have people rapping about comic books, video games and how much ram they have in there computer. I'm still trying to find out more about it. I can relate to a good chunk about what they are rapping about. I'm really curious to see this documentary now. One thing I did learn from all of this is that there is apparently a nerdcore artist out in Denton. I'm going to have to find out when her next show is just to get the full feel of one of these shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home